A FIRST INCIDENT requiring repair is covered with a $20 copay.
In the event that the part in need of replacement is less than $20, you will only be charged that amount and it will be documented as your FIRST INCIDENT. In all other incidents following, the student will be charged the cost of the parts needed to repair or a $250 device replacement fee. Damage to loaner Chromebooks will result in a charge in the amount of the parts needed or a device replacement cost of $250. Mechanical failures, determined by IT Staff, are covered by WVSD.
Responsibility in the Event of Loss or Damage
- Report Chromebook loss or damage to library staff or designee within five days.
- If the loss is due to theft, burglary, robbery, or vandalism, notify local law enforcement and present the official police report to school administration in the main office to assist the district in providing a permanent replacement.
- If a device cannot be repaired, a replacement of the district’s choosing will be provided. If a replacement is provided, all damage incidents will be charged the amount of the parts needed to repair or a $250 device replacement cost. While the device is repaired, the student will be issued a loaner of the District’s choosing and the student will be responsible for any damage to the loaner
FIRST INCIDENT Qualification
- The copay only applies to accidental damage, cracked screens, drops, liquid spills, submersion, theft, burglary, robbery, or vandalism with an official police report or a school administrator incident report. First Incident qualification is void for:
- Intentional acts of neglect or abuse as determined by school staff
- Cosmetic damage
- Unexplained loss
- Mysterious disappearance
- Law enforcement seizure
- Devices not returned when withdrawing
- Tampering with or unauthorized attempts to repair device
- Coverage may be denied if a student willfully defrauds, conceals, and/or misrepresents any material information about the cause of damage or loss of the device. Please report all incidents promptly.